Jewish Community Farming
A Collection of Resources for
Jewish Farm and Garden Projects
In 2017, with the support of several Jewish foundations, over 15 different Jewish community farming organizations launched the Jewish Community Farming Field Building Initiative (JCF-FBI).
The goals of the Initiative are to:
- Professionalize the field by building the capacity of JCF organizations in a variety of areas;
- Develop shared evaluation tools that could be utilized across the field to substantiate the impact of our work;
- Build stronger relationships between organizations in order to share curriculum and best practices;
- Support new and emerging Jewish farm and garden projects.
For the past six months, as part of our sunsetting process, Jewish Farm School has been working on creating a "Seed Packet" of tools and resources for the growing Jewish farm-based education movement. We are thrilled to have had the opportunity to spend our final months on this project and seed our work, and the work of other JCF organizations around the world.
The Seed Packet contains several different components, and is organized into three different sections:
- JCF Curriculum to Share
- Organizational Development Resources
- Practical Tips for Jewish Farm and Garden Programs
Thanks to the support of several funders, all of these resources are available for no charge, and are licensed through Creative Commons.
Check out the Introduction for a an overview of the different resources.