Jewish Farm School is currently seeking a Philadelphia-based part time (~10hrs/week) Communications Wizard to oversee our integrated digital strategy and manage our outreach efforts. This is an exciting and flexible opportunity to be part of a positive, thoughtful, and growing organization. You should be passionate about local food, justice, and sustainability issues and looking to channel your creative energy into sharing our story, promoting our programs, and deepening our impact.
- Oversee our digital presence, including website, social media, and advertising;
- Manage our bi-weekly e-newsletter (Vertical Response), including developing a new template and creating content to share news and promote programs and events;
- Monitor the general inbox of the organization;
- Represent the organization at social and networking events throughout the year;
- Staff our organizational table at various events throughout the year;
- Assist with the development of new marketing collateral and merchandise.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Outgoing, fun, flexible, responsible, and passionate about food and sustainability;
- Knowledgeable about Judaism preferred but not required;
- Extremely proficient in various social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.);
- Experience working with digital media;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- A good eye for design and aesthetics;
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite and Squarespace a plus, as is past wizard experience;
- Must have your own computer.
More Information and Application Process
- Flexible work location and hours; must be available to meet in West Philly once a week;
- Hourly rate commensurate with experience;
- To apply complete form below and send resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Wizard” in the subject line. Please include any relevant links and references. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for follow up.
- Start Date: Beginning/middle of January.
Applications are being accepted on an ongoing basis. Qualified candidates will be contacted after December 15th to set up an interview.